Most CACs should have received notice from NCA that requests for proposals for NCA's competitive grant funding for FY16 (Calendar Year 2017) are now available for award to both individual CACs and for Chapters. This year, NCA offers two available funding streams under the following national programs:
- Awards for the Establishment, Improvement, and Expansion of Children’s Advocacy Centers
- Awards for Expansion Access to Children’s Advocacy Centers’ Resources and Services for Victims of Child Pornography and Human Trafficking
The first RFP focuses on several priority efforts in alignment with NCAs strategic plan:
- Improving the response to physical abuse cases;
- Improving access to evidence-based mental health treatment;
- Increasing access to services in rural and tribal communities;
- Improving the response to youth and children with problematic sexual behaviors; and
- Improving the quality of service provision within CACs through state Chapter support.
The second RFP focuses on:
- Improving CAC response to child pornography cases;
- Provision of training on technology-facilitated child sexual exploitation/child pornography
- Creating CAC resource tools for serving victims of child pornography
It is important to note that the above information is about grants that NCA is offering directly to CACs and to Chapters. MINCA will apply for a Chapter grant and after approval of that grant, we will issues instructions for our sub-grant process to Michigan CACs.
There are opportunities in the NCA RFPs for individual CACs to apply for funding directly from NCA and we encourage all of our Michigan CACs to review the RFP and apply for funding if appropriate. Please contact us if you have any questions.